Tax-exempt organizations are subject to unique standards and controls. Accordingly, it is crucial that you retain specialized, highly professional accounting assistance – like you will receive from Moore Stephens Tiller.
The services we offer are tailored to serve nonprofit entities across a broad spectrum. We have expertise with educational and research institutions, the arts, private foundations, aquariums, professional and trade associations, religious organizations, community foundations, health and welfare entities, and athletic associations, among others.
We can help in all areas, including:
- Financial Statement Attestation, including Audit, Review or Compilation
- 401(k) and 403(b) Plan Audits
- Internal Control Services
- Accounting Assistance on New FASB Pronouncements and/or Unusual Transactions
- Consultations on an As-needed Basis Regarding Governance and Audit Committee Issues
- Guidance on Performance Benchmarking and Development of Financial Performance Indicators
- Endowment Disclosures (including UMIFA & UMPIFA)
- Assistance on Implementation of “Best Practices” in Accounting and Financial Management
- Preparation of Application for Exempt Status (Form 1023)
- Preparation of Federal and State Information and Income Tax Returns, including Form 990 and Form 990-T
- Consultations Prior to Year End to Determine if Foundation is Nearing Achievement of the 1% tax rate
- Calculation of Quarterly Excise Tax Estimates to Ensure Efficient Use of Funds